What To Do If A Dog Is Stung Or Goes Into Anaphylactic Shock

What To Do If A Dog Is Stung Or Goes Into Anaphylactic Shock


What causes anaphylactic shock?

Your dog may suffer with anaphylactic shock from eating certain types of food, snake bites, stings, injections or drugs.

Signs of anaphylactic shock:

  • Anxiety
  • Collapse
  • Red blotches on the skin
  • Shock
  • Seizures
  • Sudden breathing problems
  • Swelling of the throat, mouth and eyes
  • Vomiting and/or diarrhoea

In the case of a collapse, check your dog's ABC and be prepared for CPR. Take them to the vets immediately.

How to treat stings on your dog:

  1. Remove the sting with the edge of a fingernail (or a closed pair of tweezers) by wiping in in the direction that the sting sack is lying
  2. Clean the wound area using bicarb / water for bee stings and vinegar / water for a wasp sting
  3. Monitor the dog
  4. If stung in the mouth or throat take to the vets immediately

How to treat a dog for snake bite:

  1. Limit the dogs movements as much as possible to avoid the poison being absorbed into the dogs system
  2. Keep quiet
  3. Take to the vets immediately and be sure to call your surgery to advise you are on your way so they can prepare the correct treatment

BE PREPARED FOR ANY EMERGENCY
WITH OUR DOG FIRST AID KIT

first aid kit for treating dogsfirst aid instructions for treating dogs


Leave a comment